Search Engine Optimization Process
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) can be broken down into eight steps. They are:
- Keyword Selection / Research
- Content Creation or Modification
- Site Structure & Navigation
- HTML Validation & Cleaning
- Internal Linking
- Competitor Analysis
- Cross Linking
We do our best at helping get your website as ready as possible for search engine optimization. We do this for our website clients only as part of our website design process.
Search Engine Friendly Website Design
As we begin to design your website, we will discuss the keywords for your organization. Additional research is then done by Webstix to verify the effectiveness of these keywords / key phrases.
As we develop your site we produce search engine friendly copy. You want to include whatever keywords that are improtant to people finging your site. A website’s design, page layout, navigation scheme, and information architecture are just as important as search engine friendly copy.
From the start, the pages of the site will be created in such a way that the site will receive a good ranking in the search engines. This is a foundation-up type of approach that we believe is essential for long term results.
SEO Production Phase
In the Production Phase, all eight aspects are included but with special focus on keyword selection, site structure, HTML validation, internal linking and submissions. Your website is set up correctly from the very start.
We include the SEO Production Phase work with every new web site for two reasons:
- It doesn’t cost anything extra on our end to set things up right the first time. That’s part of the website development phase.
- Second, you will benefit from having a website that’s set up and structured correctly from the start.
Parts of the SEO Production Phase include:
- Search Engine Submission
We will also hand-submit your website to the top 10 website directories. It will also be submitted to local website directories (if available). The site may be listed in the on-line portfolio of Four Summits Web Services as well.
Note: Do not get any kind of service that submits your website to thousands of search engines and directories. This could very well backfire and get your listing on Google delayed for up to a year.
- Server Statistics – All websites that are hosted by Four Summits will also have an online statistics page setup at no extra charge. This is a page where you can go and get up to date information about how many people visit your website, what the most popular pages are, etc. All the information you need is shown graphically which makes it easy to use and understand.
- We also, optionally set up all websites that we create with Google Analytics, which is a comprehensive web stats program with excellent reporting.